October 22 - EChO
CLC partnered with EChO for the second time this calendar year. Previously we helped open the community garden plots EChO uses to provide fresh vegetables for their food bank. Now we've helped shut them down for the winter. At the same time, we also helped at the EChO headquarters chopping wood and doing other chores (cleaning out gutters, sweeping the porch and walkways).
Going beyond Sunday
Echo needs volunteers in the following capacities:
- FOOD BANK Stock shelves, break down bulk items, and assist clients with shopping.
- RESALE SHOP Cash register help; intaking sorting, and displaying merchandise.
- DRIVERS Pick up food from local merchants and food banks in Denver
- EChO JOBS PROGRAM Volunteers are needed to provide support to clients on their job search or career change journey. Opportunities are available to become a job coach, staff the Center's computer resource lab, offer resume and interview help, as well as provide various trainings such as budgeting and basic computer skills.
- EChO STUDIO Artists or Crafters to either teach workshops or participate in them. All items made with free recycled materials and then sold in the Resale Shop to benefit EChO's programs.
- OFFICE Reception, phone, client check in, general clerical duties.